Preparing for your Video EEG
Staying overnight can be a bit overwhelming for the parents as well as the child. We understand and want to make that time as enjoyable and easy as possible. A team of highly trained staff will be with you from the scheduling coordinator and nurses to the EEG techs performing the EEGs. If you have any questions or concerns, you can ask one of the hospital staff or call our office at 407.278.2401; ask for Jessica.
To help you prepare for your overnight stay we have created a list of things you might want to make sure you have with you when you go to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children.
- Favorite things: Pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals offer great comfort at the hospital. Like having a little piece of home with you.
- Movies and Games: The rooms have Play Stations and DVD players, so bring a few games and movies to last for 24 hours.
- Pajamas and Slippers: Slippers keep the little toes warm when walking around the room and hallway and a favorite pair of pajamas will make your child feel comfy.
- Paperwork: Don’t forget to bring a list of allergies, medications, emergency contact numbers, and the insurance card and ID card for the parent.
- A few things for you: Parents are encouraged to stay in the room with the child. Rooms can accommodate one overnight guest at a time on a chair bed. APH will provide linens and recommend you bring toiletries and a change of clothes.